A number of parents have asked for clarification about the school uniform expectations. The wearing of school uniform helps promote a sense of belonging to a thriving community. It is an expectation that all Willingham School children will wear the school uniform.
Staff are expected to remind children that they should wear uniform as outlined below:
- black or dark grey trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafores
- summer dresses (yellow checked)
- gold or white polo shirt
- grey or gold sweatshirt or cardigan
- grey fleece jacket
- plain dark blue, brown or black secure shoes for normal uniform - (slip-ons, combat/basketball boots and trainers should not be worn). Sandals may be worn in summer months, but must be sensible and supportive and low heeled.
- plain grey, black or white socks or tights (leggings even under skirts and dresses should not be worn)
- plain black or dark navy tracksuit for outdoor PE
- plain black shorts for indoor and outdoor PE
- plain white t-shirt for indoor and outdoor PE
- trainers for outdoor PE only
- no leotards please
- for all PE lessons, where girls' and boys' hair is long enough, it must be tied up.
There is a second hand uniform stall from which items of school uniform can be purchased. This is usually sold on a fortnightly basis alongside the cake sale, on a Friday afternoon at the front of the school.
The following items of uniform and other school equipment may be purchased online. Please see the link below:
- Sweatshirts in grey or gold
- Cardigans in grey or gold
- Fleece jackets in grey
- Polo Shirts in white or gold
- PE t-shirts – white
- PE shorts – black
- Summer dresses – yellow checked
- Book Bags
- PE Bags
The wearing of jewellery is not permitted unless it is part of an ethnic cultural background. If children do have pierced ears, for health and safety reasons, they must only wear one simple stud in the traditional place.
On PE days, earrings must either be removable by the child independently or not worn to school on that day.
Neither nail varnish nor tattoos should be worn.